27 to 33K dependent on experience
6 months ago
Fixed Assets Accountant - EMEA
Permanent role, Full-time
Excellent salary and benefit package
Based in North-West London, near to Watford, Luton, Potters Bar, St Albans, High Wycombe, Welwyn Garden City, Stevenage and Harrow
Job Reference MS15832
This role is Ideal for a Fixed Assets specialist with solid experience within an EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre of an International corporation.
LRS (Language Recruitment Services) is currently seeking a Financial Accountant - Fixed Assets accountant/specialist.
You will be responsible for the continuous reporting of the company’s long-term assets in their financial statements in accordance to the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
You will also assist with the standardisation and harmonisation of all long-term Asset accounting procedures for the EMEA region.
Fixed Assets Accountant – Duties
- Maintain and update long term asset ledgers for US GAAP & Statutory reporting
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts as per the EMEA FSSC’s standard documents.
- Analyse, communicate and resolve any reconciliation issue
- Ensure that amortisations and depreciation are recorded on a monthly basis
- Manage stock count and adjust appropriate ledger
- Prepare journal entries to the general ledger
- Assisting in the annual property tax filings
- Monitor accuracy of accounting documents
- Report to all level of management, errors, procedure violations and discrepancies.
- Control tagging process once an asset is placed in service
- Assists with monthly internal reporting as per the company’s procedures
- Maintain month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing schedules
- Cross-check balance sheet and income statement accounts against budget comparisons to highlight missing entries or variances that require further investigation.
- Prepares the monthly Fixed Asset roll forwards
- Write and communicate fixed assets impairment Memos to Finance/Operations Business
- Assists in projects and requests involving general accounting systems and the completion of audit-required analyses
- Help with the internal review of control objectives required by section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ensure compliance of Corporate Policies and Procedures
Fixed Assets Accountant – Requirements:
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting
- Analytical and problem-solving background.
- Excellent process and project management skills.
- Experience in process redesign and efficiency
- Knowledge of SAP OR Similar preferable
- Fluency in another EU language would be a plus
Thank you for applying to Language Recruitment Services, the Language Recruitment Specialist with over 30 Years’ Experience in multilingual recruitment
Applications can only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to work in the UK.
We may not be able to reply to you due to the volume of applications received.
In the event there are no suitable roles available for you at the moment, we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise.
Fixed Assets coordinator, Fixed Assets coordinator, Fixed Assets Accountant, Fixed Assets Accountant, Fixed Assets specialist, Fixed Assets specialist, Long term assets, Long term assets, Financial analyst, Financial analyst, Financial Accountant, Financial Accountant