over 1 year ago
Job Title: Japanese Legal Secretary
Job Ref: SM16338
Language Recruitment Services (LRS) is currently looking for a Bilingual Legal Secretary to join our client, a prestigious global law firm with offices all over the world.
You will be joining a busy department and will be the first point of contact for Japanese business clients. The right candidate will be able to adapt to the varied tasks required for the role, have strong organisational skills and enthusiasm, with a keen eye for detail and a cool head.
Duties of the Japanese Speaking Legal Secretary:
- Typing and amending legal documents, paying attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Drafting emails, letters, faxes and other correspondences
- Diary management for fee earners, and arranging meetings
- Assisting with Marketing activities including events
- Keeping updated with email inboxes for the team and prioritising issues that need attention
- Dealing with regular enquiries and calls from both external clients and internal colleagues in other departments
- Maintenance of digital and paper files
- Translation of legal documents
- Preparation of court documents
- Administration of financial ledgers and billing management
Requirements of the Japanese Speaking legal Secretary:
- Japanese to a mother tongue level
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Graduate or equivalent level of experience
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Legal Secretary is preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office together with a typing speed of around 70wpm
- Displaying an utmost professionalism and discretion at all times
- Enthusiastic team player attitude
- Working on initiative
- Able to meet strict deadlines
If you are a Japanese speaker with solid secretarial experience within a fast-paced and high pressure environment or you have experience as a legal secretary or provided administration, PA or EA support within a corporate environment, and believe that you have the level of attention to detail and professionalism needed to succeed in this role, please don’t hesitate to get in touch
Thank you for applying to Language Recruitment Services, the Language Recruitment Specialist with over 30 Years’ Experience in multilingual recruitment
Applications can only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to work in the UK.
We may not be able to reply to you due to the volume of applications received.
In the event there are no suitable roles available for you at the moment we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise.
LRS is An Equal Opportunities Employer.